Hey guys! You know that I’ve always been interested in the fashion and entertainment industry, but wasn’t always sure where that would take me. Fast forward to now in my life when I own my own company for social media services, I’m a fashion correspondent (LBC TV) + I’m a regional social media specialist for a big company that operates in 7 countries. I hope my post can help you be confident in whatever stage you’re in!
HOW TO GET WHAT YOU WANT:
1. GO AFTER WHAT YOU WANT People always say ‘go after your dreams’ and ‘go after what you want’, but doing that in real life looks much different than in theory. It requires daily actions of choosing your dreams over your comfort and often times putting in years of work before seeing any results. Be realistic with yourself about just how much work you actually have to do to make your dream a reality.
2. REALLY GO AFTER WHAT YOU WANT If you know what you want to do, figure out how you can get there. Send emails. Make phone calls. And then follow up. Find people / companies on social media, reach out to them, ask for their email address, send the emails and follow up!
3. DON’T TAKE IT PERSONALLY This tip goes hand in hand with my last one. If you don’t hear back from an email, don’t take it personally! They’re probably extremely busy and that’s the real reason they haven’t gotten back to you.
4. INVEST IN YOUR RELATIONSHIPS You hear horror stories of people using each other only to get what they want, and unfortunately, that does happen in any industry. I want all of my readers to know that you do not have to be that person to succeed. I have placed value on real relationships throughout my entire career, and never once tried to buddy up with someone just because of their connections, or collab with them just to grow my numbers. Take interest in the people you’re surrounded with, get to know them as people and really put effort into the working relationships you have!
5. MAKE A TO-DO LIST Use this list to prioritise every steps that will lead you to what you want, think of how to accomplish the goal you want. Make a list of the things you must do, things you must read and research. Make sure that most of this To Do list is marked completed before taking the big steps.